The Other side of you
I can create half of a face depicting a character and an emotion/feeling, lining it up with my face and capture it using a camera.
- Draw half of a portrait it can be the top, bottom, right or left side of a face. Your background needs to have details which help support your drawing.
- Draw six thumb nail sketches to develop your idea.
- Select an emotion/feeling and a type of person/character to create your “other side” from the list below. You may have your own idea too.
- Once you have selected your image redraw it on white paper (approx. 6"x12"). Use a mirror to line up your facial features (eyes, nose, and mouth).
- Use black markers (sharpie) to create an outline.
- Erase all the pencil lines that are still visible.
- Add color with colored pencils.
- Photograph yourself, notice what's happening in the background.